The mission of the Preventive Medicine Department (PMD) is to optimize combat readiness of all commands within our area of responsibility (AOR) by providing environmental and preventive medicine support. The mission is accomplished through identification, surveillance and control of disease and injuries to active duty service members and beneficiaries through the following:
1. Perform communicable disease investigation and control, medical event and disease reporting, water and ice testing, and food service, habitability, and childcare inspections.
2. Provide a variety of educational services to include:
- - Communicable Disease
- - Sexually Transmitted Disease
- - General Food Safety
- - Pest Management
- - West Nile Virus
- - Safe Drinking and Recreational Waters
- - Influenza
- - National Food Safety Professionals Certified Food Safety Managers
- - Food Safety Employee Training
- - Misc. Public Health subjects
3. Collaborate and maintain partnerships with appropriate agencies, boards, and organizations including MCCS, San Diego/Orange/Riverside County Health Departments, SODEXO, Lincoln Military Housing, I MEF, and other military commands to solve public health/preventive medicine issues and carry out other functions as defined by BUMED.
Preventive Medicine Department will be recognized in its commitment to provide comprehensive environmental and preventive medicine support to all commands within our AOR.
Preventive Medicine Divisions:
Immunizations Program Management
Infection Prevention and Control Division